Ashtanga is a fast flowing type of yoga, which follows a set series of postures, which after a while allows you to approach the practice as a moving meditation. It works equally on strength, flexibility and balance and is challenging and rewarding.
We will be starting slowly with repetition and break down of the postures, and will be adding more postures as we progress.
- This class runs weekly on Tuesdays. Until Tuesday 17 October, this class will be a drop-in class only.
- Mats are provided, or you can bring your own
- Wear comfortable clothing that you can move freely in
- This class is for ages 18+
Nina has been teaching Ashtanga for 7 years, in Cairo and London. She knew since her first month practicing yoga that she wanted to teach, but it took 10 years before she felt she had enough experience in her own practice to take on the responsibility of teaching others. She did her trainings in India, and has studied with Sharath Jois, John Scott and David Swenson. Although primarily an Ashtangi, Nina is also a qualified Hatha teacher, and has practiced Sivananda and Iyengar, all of those experiences are reflected in her approach to teaching.
- No class due to half term