Skip Hop Create 0–3 years
This course has already started. Places for our Summer Term will go on sale at 2pm on Friday 23 March. To receive a reminder email, join our Courses and Classes mailing list.
This class provides an inspiring atmosphere for children to be creative, allowing participants to express themselves in a fun and friendly environment.
With the use of creative learning and their own imaginations, children are taught dance steps and sequences. They get to learn, play and create!
- This is a 5-week course between Sat 24 Feb - Sat 24 Mar
- This is an open level class suitable for all children under 4 years and their parents/carers. The class is not suitable for children aged 4 and above.
- The children are free to wear whatever they like providing it is comfortable and easy to move in
- Our children's courses are very popular, so we would strongly recommend booking in advance of the first class.
- For this class, children must be accompanied by a parent or carer for the duration of the class.
Maria da Luz Ghoumrassi is a graduate from Laban having studied Lester Horton technique with Diane Vivona from the Bella Lewtizky Company, Anna Marie Forsythe, and Janet Kaylo, Graham technique with Thea Barnes and Lyndon Branaugh from the Martha Graham Company, Limon technique with Sonia Rafferty and Kerry Nicholls, and Cunningham technique with Margarita Bettencourt and Anne Papoulis. As a dance artist Maria da Luz has worked with various companies such as Backstage, Kokuma, Seven Sisters Group, Garth Fagan and in the original cast of The Lion King as ensemble and dance-captain.
Maria da Luz enjoys working with people of a diversity of backgrounds, experience and abilities and has led classes for Green Candle Dance Company, Sadler’s Wells, Henri Oguike, IJAD among others. She is a Spare Tyre Artist Associate working as a mentor and as a choreographer. Maria da Luz has choreographed for BBC Three's The Mighty Boosh and has been performing her own work at venues across London. She received the Trailblazers Fellowship and was short-listed for The Place Prize in 2004.
Maria da Luz regularly teaches for Greenwich Dance, Step into Dance and Trinity Laban. She has been selected for the Dance UK Dance Teaching Mentoring Programme 2015-2016.