Skip Hop Create 4–5 years
We will be confirming terms for the Summer Term as soon as we can, but at the moment we're not in a position to open bookings. Please keep checking the website for further details. To receive a reminder email, join our Courses and Classes mailing list.
This class provides an inspiring atmosphere for children to be creative, allowing participants to express themselves in a fun and friendly environment.
The children will learn basic dance steps within a structured environment. They will be supported and encouraged to form and share their own ideas about dance.
- This is an open level class suitable for all children aged 4-5 years. The class is not suitable for any other ages.
- The children are free to wear whatever they like providing it is comfortable and easy to move in
- We ask that parents and carers leave their children in the class so they can engage in independent learning
- Our children's courses are very popular, so we would strongly recommend booking in advance of the first class.
- This is a 11-week course between Sat 6 Jan - Sat 24 Mar. No session on half term (Saturday 17 February).
Maria da Luz Ghoumrassi is a graduate from Laban having studied Lester Horton technique with Diane Vivona from the Bella Lewtizky Company, Anna Marie Forsythe, and Janet Kaylo, Graham technique with Thea Barnes and Lyndon Branaugh from the Martha Graham Company, Limon technique with Sonia Rafferty and Kerry Nicholls, and Cunningham technique with Margarita Bettencourt and Anne Papoulis. As a dance artist Maria da Luz has worked with various companies such as Backstage, Kokuma, Seven Sisters Group, Garth Fagan and in the original cast of The Lion King as ensemble and dance-captain.
Maria da Luz enjoys working with people of a diversity of backgrounds, experience and abilities and has led classes for Green Candle Dance Company, Sadler’s Wells, Henri Oguike, IJAD among others. She is a Spare Tyre Artist Associate working as a mentor and as a choreographer. Maria da Luz has choreographed for BBC Three's The Mighty Boosh and has been performing her own work at venues across London. She received the Trailblazers Fellowship and was short-listed for The Place Prize in 2004.
Maria da Luz regularly teaches for Greenwich Dance, Step into Dance and Trinity Laban. She has been selected for the Dance UK Dance Teaching Mentoring Programme 2015-2016.