Dance for Wellbeing
Wellbeing is how people feel and function on an individual and social level. It covers the way they feel about their lives, including their jobs, and their relationships with the people around them. A person's health and wellbeing can often be affected by their own character and their home or social life, but it can also be influenced by factors at work.
A healthy workforce can have a hugely positive impact on their organisation. Healthy staff are more likely to:
• perform their role and responsibilities well
• be willing to 'go that extra mile' when required
• take fewer sick days
• build good relationships with colleagues
• want to stay longer with the school/organisation.
For an employer, creating a healthy working environment can be important in ensuring a productive and effective organisation.
There is no doubt that dance, in whatever form it may take, is a brilliant form of exercise. Moving your body in all directions for an extended period with all the enthusiasm we can muster is great for improving your physical health, but dancing has been proven to have a positive impact on the mind too.
Benefits of dance include:
• developing self-confidence
• improving physical skills including strength, coordination, flexibility and balance
• sense of achievement
• improve social skills including communication, creativity and collaboration
• improve energy levels
If you would like to know more about our Dance for Wellbeing programme and to find out how you can book in your first term of classes, then contact Daniel Heley at email@example.com or call on 020 8293 9741. (Monday and Thursday only)