Rehearsal Space: Hiring agreement & conditions of hire
Hiring agreement & Standard conditions of hire at Greenwich Dance
Rehearsal Space Hire: Studio 3, Minor Hall and Borough Hall
By hiring a rehearsal space at Greenwich Dance, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The Hirer shall ensure that the General Rules are complied with, governing the use of Greenwich Dance / The Borough Hall.
- Payment in full is required at time of booking, without exception. Should the Hirer wish to cancel the booking, where possible, the booking will be re-scheduled to another available date and no refund will be given. Cancellation less than 5 working days before the commencement of the hire is liable for the total payment, unless Greenwich Dance manages to hire the space to another user.
- During the period of hiring, the Hirer shall be responsible for protecting the contents and fabric of the premises, preventing damage however slight, and ensuring the good behaviour of all persons using space at Greenwich Dance. The Hirer gives their assurance that no changes of any sort will be made to the space hired (including room layout, and where applicable moving the blinds or piano).
- The hirer shall not lay down any tape on the floors of the studio without prior permission. In the instance that this has been agreed, appropriate tape is available to buy from reception at Greenwich Dance.
- The Hirer shall not play amplified music in the Studio or make unreasonable levels of noise as there are working offices next door. Greenwich Dance staff will moderate noise levels in case of a complaint. A stereo with a 3.5 mm aux lead is provided as part of the hire.
- The Hirer shall indemnify Greenwich Dance for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the property during, or as a result of, the booking.
- The Hirer needs to ensure that they sign in at reception at the front of the building before using the studio.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for the observance of all regulations appertaining to the premises stipulated by the Licensing Justices, the Fire Authority, the Local Authority or otherwise.
- In the event of an emergency evacuation, the person who has hired the space must notify Greenwich Dance of any members of their rehearsal who have not been accounted for.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for making arrangements to insure against any third party claims which may lie against their organisation whilst using Greenwich Dance's studios. Greenwich Dance reserves the right to request evidence of such insurance from any Hirer.
- The Hirer shall not sub-let or use the premises for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way nor do anything to bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the premises, their users, or any insurance policies related thereto.
- The Hirer shall not discriminate, in any of their activities, on the grounds of ethnicity or race, sex, gender re-assignment, sexual orientation, age, disability, religious or belief, or marital or civil partnership status. The hirer must ensure that Greenwich Dance facilities and services are not open to abuse by extremist groups or individuals.
- Please note the following are not permitted in the studios: -
No food or drink (apart from water)
- The Hirer shall ensure that the studio is left clean and tidy and take all rubbish with them when they leave at the end of their rehearsal. (Failure to do so will result in a surcharge being charged for the cleaning of the room).
Greenwich Dance reserves the right to cancel any booking, or to relocate a booking to another suitable location, if and when Greenwich Dance is holding an event, or there is unexpected building work, or other reasons beyond Greenwich Dance's control. Wherever possible, maximum notice will be given.
Greenwich Dance also reserves the right to cancel a booking should the purpose of the booking not be in keeping with Greenwich Dance's values and/or ethos.