Greenwich Dance is seeking dance creatives who are interested in piloting a new innovative project aimed at remoulding the dance touring model.
- Are you interested in testing out a new artistic concept in a community setting?
- Would you like to deliver a dance project created by another choreographer?
- Do you have a community group in mind?
£500 is available for each pilot project.
Greenwich Dance strives to facilitate cultural change within the dance industry and build stronger dancing communities. During the pandemic, we launched ArtsUnboxed, a revolutionary new way of making and sharing performance and participatory projects. Artist and producer teams were commissioned to make work up to presentation stage, package that work up into a virtual box and place it on our online platform for anyone to purchase and recreate using local artists, with the originators of the box getting a share of the purchase price.
Inside the boxes you’ll find everything you need to recreate the work – how to guides, marketing packs, schedules, risk assessments and more.
We are seeking dance artists who are interested in testing out two of our boxes. The box will be provided free of charge and each artist / project will receive £500.
The boxes we would like to test are:
Joss Arnott Dance – Dance:Connects
A framework for creating a community digital dance performance. Available in a number of key stage versions, this box would suit an artist already working within an educational or community learning setting.
Sarah Blanc with AnnieVickySarah – Familiar Spaces
A framework for creating inclusive dance, this box would suit an artist working with a community dance group or a higher education group with an interest in creating more inclusively.
What we need from you
- As a box tester, we would like you to tell us about your experience of using the box – was there anything missing? Did you find anything particularly useful?
- We would like you to write a case study about your experience of using the box. This will be uploaded to the ArtsUnboxed platform to help other users understand the boxes’ opportunities.
- If you create any additional documents, photos or footage, we would love to include them as additions to the box.
If you are interested please drop us a one page letter outlining your responses to the questions below and return with your CV to ArtsUnboxed@greenwichdance.org.uk
Deadline: Monday 16th January 2023, midday. Recorded submissions also welcome.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Rachel via the ArtsUnboxed email.
Please note that the pilot must be completed between February and April 2023.