Here’s a brand new list of awesome dance films to watch this week
Catch It While You Can
1. New York City Ballet - Kyle Abraham's When We Fell
Dance On Screen
2. Northern Ballet - Mthuthuzeli November's What Used To, No Longer Is
Olivier Award-winning Ballet Black artist Mthuthuzeli November makes his choreographic debut for Northern Ballet with original dance film What Used To, No Longer Is.
Under 5 Minutes
3. Pavilion Dance South West - Why Dance?
Why Dance? was a feasibility study to measure long term outcomes of a community dance class for people with Parkinson’s using the Parkinson’s Dance Science approach, with a second aim to explore what long term impact a community dance class might have on quality of life for people with Parkinson’s.
In Case You Missed It
4. Breakin' Convention - Yeah Yellow Apollo Getdown
French b-boy crew Yeah Yellow toured with Breakin’ Convention to the iconic Apollo Theatre in Harlem in 2018. Here, they warm up for their performance by jamming in the street outside the legendary building.
Created in Quarantine
5. Caldonia Dances - Holding Onto Ourselves
Created at the beginning of the pandemic in April 2020. A film that moves through the emotions felt at the start of that new and unknown period of our lives.